Search This Blog

Archives

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Best Lasagna Ever!

I  love to make this lasagna for my vegan family, vegetarian family, and omnivores alike. It never fails to satisfy everyone, and if I am lucky there will be leftovers for my lunch the next day, but it doesn't happen often, they gobble it all up!



I am pretty sure you can put any vegetables at all in it and it will turn out amazing. Here is the veggie-packed combo I have settled on as "my lasagna" you may have others that you like to use, so go ahead and try them all! The pepperjack not only lends that creamy, gooey goodness we love about lasagna, but adds just the right kick  to take it up a notch! Now I am pretty much a lightweight when it comes to spiciness, and I love this amount of heat, not much at all. In fact my husband doesn't even notice it!

1 box Rice Lasagna Noodles
2 packed cups fresh baby spinach
6 cups frozen Broccoli, caulliflower & carrots
2 32oz. jars vegan Marinara sauce (I use Classico organic)
1/4 cup Herbs de Province, or mix your own using basil, rosemary, oregeno, etc
1 pkg. Daiya pepperjack shreds (or mozarella shreds)


  1. Place Broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots in baking pan and sprinkle with herbs, roast at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.
  2. Bring a Dutch oven 3/4 full of filtered water to boil, then remove from heat. Add noodles, let soak exactly 10 minutes, drain. (This is the trick to making gluten free pasta turn out right!)
  3. In a deep Lasagna baking pan 10 x 15 x 4 (if you don't have a lasagna pan use TWO 9x13x2 pans and TWO boxes of noodles) place enough marina to just cover the bottom. Layer: 
  • Noodles
  • Spinach
  • Noodles
  • Sauce
  • Daiya shreds
  • Noodles
  • roasted veggies
  • Noodles
  • Sauce 

Top with sliced tomatoes if desired. Bake 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think!
~ Shelley