Search This Blog

Archives

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Fresh Garden Medley Stir Fry

Lately I haven't been feeling well, but preparing meals still has to happen, so instead of getting into a creative mood and developing some great new vegan, gluten free recipes, I find myself creating instead 101 new salads and 101 new ways with Stir Fry. Most of my "stir fry" are more of a mixed steamed veggie dish, since I don't actually "fry" anything. Tonight was particularly easy, because it required no thinking or planning ahead, LOL!  I simply harvested several things from the garden and threw them all in the pan together. I typically create some kind of sauce from scratch, but this time I added in some vegan Soyrizo that was in the 'fridge, which nicely spiced up the steamed veggies. I thought I would share this one with you, perhaps it will inspire you to get creative with whatever your garden or Farmer's Market provides for you tonight!


1 summer squash, sliced
1 head cauliflower, chopped
1 head broccoli, chopped
2-3 handfuls green beans
3 carrots
1/4 cup veggie broth or water
1 pkg. vegan, gluten-free Chorizo

Steam veggies in skillet with veggie broth for about 10 minutes, you really don't need any seasonings  if you are using chorizo, ( instead of that you could throw in a can of white beans or garbanzos, or use tempeh or tofu and then you will use the seasonings or sauce that you like best.) Mix in the chorizo an heat another couple of minutes and serve with a big fresh salad. Enjoy this really quick, healthy dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think!
~ Shelley