Search This Blog

Archives

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Gluten free, Vegan Pizza!



I made gluten free, vegan pizzas and used two different methods for egg replacer to test them. I used Chebe's pizza Crust Mix for both, and it really turned out well. I used Ener-G egg replacer in the first pizza.(pictured above) I topped it with marinara sauce followed by onions, bell peppers, olives, mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic, and my favorite topping, fresh pineapple! This was a big hit with all ages, our first pizza since going gluten free and vegan! I think you could add Daiya cheese and some crumbled vegan burger patties for a traditional looking pizza. Don't fear the pizza, try it!


 For the second pizza, I used flax seed for the egg replacement. 1 Tbsp freshly ground flax seed mixed in 3 Tbsp. warm water, and let it sit for 15 minutes or so before combining with the mix..This pizza was topped with  Daiya cheese. The flaxseed leaves lovely brown flecks in the crust, the taste and texture was exactly the same. My conclusion based on these two crusts is that both Ener-G and flax seed make wonderful egg replacements in pizza dough.

Flax 'eggs' in this crust, Daiya cheese on top

                                                   You really can make a healthy pizza, hurray!
.

1 comment:

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think!
~ Shelley