Great stand-alone dish, or stuff it into a gluten free tortilla for a breakfast taco, or enchilada filling! This recipe pairs perfectly with this pliable and delicious gluten free, vegan tortilla.
|Scramble made with broccoli in Breakfast Tacos|
- 1 pkg. non-GMO hard tofu (I use Banyan brand)
- 1 *organic bell pepper (I use red for the lycopene!)
- 7-8 cloves of garlic, crushed and diced
- 7-8 baby bella mushrooms (also called creamini), chopped
- 1-2 zucchini or 2 cups broccoli, diced
- 1/2 cup of my dry cashew cheeze mix
- 1-2 tsp. cumin
- 2 Tbsp **Kirkland organic No Salt Seasoning, or your favorite herb blend
- 2 tsp. Himalayan or sea salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. organic extra virgin coconut oil or vegetable broth
- 1/2 pkg. Daiya pepperjack cheese shreds, optional
- In skillet, saute mushrooms, garlic, and zucchini in oil over medium heat for about 4 minutes, or until the mushrooms give up their juice.
- Add bell pepper.
- Crumble the tofu with your hands into the skillet.
- Sprinkle tofu with cumin, salt, pepper, and other seasoning mix, and combine well with sauteed vegetables.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cashew cheeze mix, stir well, cook until all liquid has absorbed the cheeze, about 2 minutes.
- Add Daiya shreds and serve!
*all organic is healthiest, but if you can't get all the ingredients organic and local, bell peppers are an absolute must to bu organically, because they are always sprayed heavily with pesticides when not organic, and and are always on the EWG (Environmental Working Gruop) "Dirty Dozen" produce list.
** The Kirkland seasoning I use in the recipe (from Costco) contains a blend of 21 spices including onion, garlic, carrot, black pepper, tomato, orange peel, parsley, bay, leaf, thyme, basil, celery, lemon peel, oregano, savory, mustard seed, marjoram, coriander, cayenne, and rosemary.