Search This Blog

Archives

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Cranberry Salad


As a child at Christmas family gatherings I simply called this "pink fluff" and always wanted more. As a young newlywed I was so proud to make my grandmother's recipe myself for our first Christmas together, and have been making it ever since. It even makes an appearance at Thanksgiving so that I get to have it twice a year!  This salad is a favorite of all ages, and has been a tradition in my family for generations, so naturally I had to veganize it! I am much happier with this healthier version!

1 pkg. fresh cranberries, washed
2  6 oz pkgs. Vegan Sweet & Sara Mini Marshmallows or quartered Dandies Marshmallows
1 small flat can crushed pineapple  
2 envelopes of MimicCreme Non-Dairy Whippable Creme
1 cup evaporated cane juice

Night before: Freeze MimicCreme, metal mixing bowl, and beaters overnight. Put cranberries and evaporated cane juice into food processor until finely chopped and well combined. Place into small bowl and chill overnight to sweeten the cranberries. Whip the MimicCreme per directions in the cold mixing bowl. In a large bowl that you plan to serve the salad in, combine MimicCreme and the marshmallows, cover and chill overnight to allow marshmallows to swell and soften. 
Next morning: Fold the cranberry/sugar mix into the whipped cream mix, add pineapple, cover and chill several hours to blend flavors before serving.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think!
~ Shelley